Sunday, May 25, 2008

Officially Bumed Out!

After one whole month of practicing for the Paniqui North District Choral Competition,we ended up grabbing the second place. The sopranos just didn't have the spirit (yes the spirit), somebody just bounced out of the meter and carried the whole choir down to the grave. But hey, we had fun, shouldn't blame anyone.

Guess another chapter of my life has ended. Many lessons learned, people met and money spent. What I hate about us Filipinos, together with my other countless pinoy reklamos, is our being sooooo regionalistic. I am an Ilokano by blood and tongue, so I guess being around with Kapampangans irritates me a teeny weeny bit. I think they are narrow-minded and selfish toward others they consider "not (with) them".

Well, ok, I'll change my tone, I think I am over reacting and generalizing. There is this certain kapampangan barkada that really hates Ilokanos. Sometimes, I hear them say "Ilokano", then laugh afterwards, now what the hell is that? I guess, I'll have to live with the fact that some people don't understand the concept of "culture". I mean, come on, almost everything is culture bound especially the concept of what is right or wrong.

Defending myself from my prior statement, and defending others on the contrasting side of my third paragraph, we're only humans. Thus, humanity is defined by fallibility. But fallibility is not enough reason for not knowing what is right or wrong (on a certain context).

Hmm. It's been a while since my last post and I haven't been using English for half a year now. Well, I actually refrain from doing so. Guess I have to work on my thesis again. Stupid object tracking crap.

No comments: