Monday, June 29, 2009

Happiness

Today, I again find myself deluded with thoughts. And I like it. I've talked to certain people about my idea of happiness this past days. And I guess it's about time I immortalize it with technology.

Happiness is, well, just, a state of mind. When I think about it, everything is just a piece of that neuron synapse that comes running from point to point inside our brains. The thing is, love, hope, anger and other feelings manifest through concrete three-dimensional entities.

So almost everything is a matter of association or picking the implementation or physical representation. Control over this mechanism absolutely ensures emotional and spiritual contentment. Of course, concepts like hunger and thirst characterize through involuntary physical reactions, hence we have no absolute control.

If I say that the physical world has a one to one correspondence to the thoughts in our heads, we have heck a lot of stuff swimming on those cerebrums. On the other hand, if the dimensions do not fit perfectly in size, then we are certain that someone have given much power to that of the greater.

By the oh-so-popular concept of free will, I can say that humans are blessed with the power of choice. It is really amazing how God has given us the whole earth, no, the whole universe to play with. We have been given the chance to associate our thoughts to virtually almost anything we want. And what do we do? We let other people decide for us. We let culture spoil the very core of what have made us humans by being passive to ideas and flashy sounds of false happiness.

Do we really pay attention to the choices we have in life or we just go along the tides? Do we really exercise the gift that we can control our own concept of happiness, sadness, success or contentment? Why is it that some of us deliberately deliver themselves to acts that cause sadness to others?

We can never say we never had a choice but I guess we can always say we are not intelligent enough.

No comments: